top of page
How Our Stuffies Support Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
Encouraging children to be creative and expressive in sharing their feelings are just a few of the ways our stuff and fluff workshops support the Five Core Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Competencies:
1. Children choose their animal (teaching responsibility and decision-making skills).
2. They personally stuff the animal of their choice (encouraging creativity and self-awareness).
3. During the stuffing process, they enclose a special message like courage, kindness, love, or whatever they desire inside of each animal (teaching resilience and self-management).
4. They name the animal and complete the birth certificate (teaching respect and social awareness).
5. They now have a forever friend that provides comfort, peace, safety, and companionship (teaching relationship skills).
bottom of page